Unlocking Relief Through Advanced Pain Management Solutions in Tampa
Florida Medical Pain Management is a healthcare provider that offers ketamine treatment in Florida. We specialize in treating various medical conditions, including arthritis, depression, anxiety, and chronic pain.
Take the first step towards a pain-free future by calling us at (727) 268-0172
Living with chronic pain can significantly impact your quality of life, making even the simplest tasks challenging and robbing you of the joy and freedom you once enjoyed. Whether your pain stems from an injury, a medical condition, or an underlying issue, finding effective pain management solutions in Tampa is crucial to regain control and improve your well-being.
Pain management encompasses a range of approaches and treatments aimed at reducing or eliminating pain, enhancing functionality, and improving overall quality of life. It is a multidisciplinary field that combines medical expertise, therapeutic interventions, and holistic approaches to address the complex nature of pain.
With advances in medical science and technology, there are now various treatment options available to help individuals manage and alleviate their pain.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is a cutting-edge pain management treatment in Tampa that utilizes your body’s own healing properties to reduce pain and promote tissue regeneration. By extracting a small sample of your blood and separating the platelets, we create a concentrated solution rich in growth factors. This PRP is then injected into the affected area, such as joints or tendons, to stimulate healing, reduce inflammation, and alleviate pain.
PRP injections have been shown to be effective in treating a variety of conditions, including:
- Tendonitis and tendinosis: These conditions are characterized by inflammation and degeneration of tendons, which are the tissues that connect muscles to bones. PRP injections can help to reduce inflammation, relieve pain, and improve function in people with tendonitis and tendinosis.
- Achilles tendonitis: This is a common condition that affects the Achilles tendon, which is the tendon that connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. PRP injections can help to reduce pain and improve function in people with Achilles tendonitis.
- Jumper’s knee: This condition is characterized by pain in the front of the knee, which is caused by inflammation of the patellar tendon, which is the tendon that connects the kneecap to the shinbone. PRP injections can help to reduce pain and improve function in people with jumper’s knee.
- Rotator cuff tears: The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder joint. Rotator cuff tears can cause pain, weakness, and loss of range of motion in the shoulder. PRP injections have been shown to be effective in treating some cases of rotator cuff tears.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a condition that causes the cartilage in joints to break down over time. PRP injections have been shown to help reduce pain and improve function in people with osteoarthritis.
Call our experts for a FREE quote
Ketamine Infusion Therapy
Ketamine infusion therapy has gained recognition as a highly effective pain management treatment in Tampa for various chronic pain conditions, including neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, and migraines. The ketamine, administered through a controlled infusion, targets the brain’s receptors and helps interrupt pain signals. This therapy not only provides immediate relief but also offers long-lasting benefits by rewiring neural pathways and reducing the sensitivity to pain.
Ketamine infusion therapy is a relatively new treatment that is effective in treating a variety of conditions, including:
- Depression: Ketamine is a powerful antidepressant that can work quickly, often within hours or days. It is often used in people who have not responded to other treatments, such as medication or therapy.
- Anxiety: Ketamine can also be effective in treating anxiety disorders, such as panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Chronic pain: Doctors also use ketamine to treat chronic pain that has not responded to other treatments, such as medication or physical therapy.
- Cluster headaches: Ketamine is a very effective treatment for cluster headaches, a type of severe headache that can occur in clusters.
- Eating disorders: Ketamine has been shown to be effective in treating eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
Ketamine infusion therapy is typically done in a doctor’s office or clinic. The patient will receive a series of infusions, which are typically given over a few days or weeks. The number of infusions needed will vary depending on the condition that needs treatment.
Epidural injections are a common pain management technique in Tampa used to alleviate pain in the back, neck, or extremities. This minimally invasive procedure involves the precise injection of an anti-inflammatory medication, such as corticosteroids, into the epidural space around the spinal cord. By reducing inflammation and swelling, epidural injections can effectively relieve pain caused by conditions like herniated discs, spinal stenosis, or sciatica.
Doctors use epidural injections to treat pain in the back, neck, and extremities. Practitioners also use epidural injections to treat inflammation and nerve damage.
The most common conditions treated with epidural injections include:
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a type of pain that radiates from the lower back down the leg. The cause of sciatica is an inflammation or irritation of the sciatic nerve, which is the largest nerve in the body.
- Lumbar radiculopathy: Lumbar radiculopathy is a condition that occurs when a nerve root in the lower back is compressed or irritated. This can cause pain, numbness, and weakness in the leg.
- Facet joint pain: The facet joints are small joints that connect the vertebrae in the spine. Facet joint pain can cause pain in the back and neck.
- Postherpetic neuralgia: Postherpetic neuralgia is a type of pain that can occur after a person has had shingles. Shingles is a viral infection that causes a painful rash. After the rash goes away, some people may experience a burning, tingling, or shooting pain that can last for months or even years.
A doctor or nurse practitioner who specializes in pain management typically perform epidural injections. The procedure is usually done in an outpatient setting.
The patient will lie on their side or stomach on an examination table. The doctor or nurse practitioner will clean the injection site with an antiseptic solution. Then, they will insert a needle into the epidural space. Once the needle is in place, the doctor or nurse practitioner will inject the medication.
Schedule Your Consultation
Experience effective pain management in Tampa with Florida Medical Pain Management. Our expert team offers advanced treatments like PRP injections, ketamine infusion therapy, and epidural injections. Take control of your pain today and schedule a consultation. Relief awaits!
Our Treatment Services
Florida Medical Pain Management top priority is to serve all of our patients’ needs and create long-lasting relationships with them. Our treatments include:
- Treatment for Neuropathy
- Arthritis Management
- Back Pain Medication
- Chronic Pain Treatments
- PRP Injections
- Epidural Injection
- Regenerative Medicine
- Hip Pain Medication
- Ketamine Infusion Therapy
We want to help each patient live a more fulfilling and productive life by effectively managing their pain. Florida Medical Pain Management also provides home therapy and many more. Click here to see our other services.